Brazilian materials handling equipment manufacturer Paletrans Forklifts has notched up significant growth in the first half of 2020, with sales up 7% compared to the same period in 2019.
Paletrans has notched up significant growth
CEO Denis Dutra de Oliveira notes the growth comes despite the COVID-19 pandemic, driven by the increased demand from 'essential activities' customers.
"The scenario caused by the pandemic was the main factor that affected our projections in the first half. On the other hand, about 60% of our customers´ portfolio are companies considered essential services and the significant increase in their operations roughly compensated (for) the volume drop of the remaining 40%," he explains.
The executive cites increased demand generated in e-commerce as the main driver of forklift sales.
The company has invested in internal processes to safeguard its employees and has added resources to its dealer network, capitalising on the "accelerated exit from the market by other players".
Paletrans has been particularly successful in attracting small business owners into the dealer network, adding two new resellers per week, according to Oliveira.
Paletrans has been manufacturing a range of forklifts and pallet trucks for over 35 years, with over 600,000 units produced and sold to date.